Vacancy Ref : 40026
Closing Date: 08/10/2021
Pay & Contract
The School cleaner will work as part of the Facilities team to perform a variety of regular and one-off cleaning tasks and duties as directed by their supervisor/line manager. South Devon Steiner School is an independent Steiner Waldorf School set in beautiful grounds within a rural setting. It is a rustic but well-presented, clean and hygienic all-through school for pupils aged 3-19 years.
Purpose: To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the School.
Responsible to: Facilities Manager, Caretaker (Cleaning Supervisor)
● Be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of your designated area and for maintaining high and consistent standards
● Take initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained within the rota but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards.
● Liaise with Facilities Manager and Caretaker and other members of staff as required to ensure the cleaning rota operates smoothly around both school events and outside lets.
● Report cleaning supplies requirements and stock levels to the line manager.
● Ensure Health & Safety, quality and general procedure compliance
● Work as part of a team and support other members of the cleaning team to meet standards and school objectives
● Report any Health and Safety issues to the Facilities Manager and Caretaker.
● Some knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations as they relate to the operation of cleaning equipment and the dilution of cleaning materials.
● Some knowledge of Safeguarding in schools and Keeping Children Safe in Education (2021) is preferred - full training will be provided.
● Knowledge of COSHH and the safe use of chemicals.
● Knowledge of cleaning best practises.
● Experience of undertaking a range of cleaning duties
● Disposing of waste
● Replenishing consumables
● Willingness to clean any area of the school as requested by the supervisor.
● Willingness to take personal responsibility for standard of work carried out.
● Willingness to participate in further training and development opportunities offered by the school, to further knowledge
● Willingness to maintain confidentiality on all school matters
● Will need to be able to manage some heavy lifting
● Work as part of a team
● Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the school team
● Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner
● Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with any unexpected problems that arise
● Ability to demonstrate commitment to Equal Opportunities
● Being physically capable
● Communication, math and reading
● Customer service and sound judgement
● Efficiency and discretion
● Honesty and integrity
● Motivation and flexibility
● Respect and professionalism
● Time management and multitasking
● Understanding and following safety rules
● Understanding and carrying out set tasks
● Understanding of health and safety regulations